Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

An Ingenious Idea (That Is In No Way Original)

          There is a saying (obviously I'm too lazy to look it up...hence my name) which states that innovation is the product of necessity (or some BS like that). Tonight I experienced this first hand. Saint Patrick's day is fast approaching which means that I am in possession of an abundance of stout beer. Personally, I prefer Murphy's Irish Stout, but Costco was selling Guinness on the cheap so I went with that.  In order to adequately prepare my liver for the gloriousness that is St. Patty's day, I decided to get a jump start on the holiday and drink some beer. Additionally I was hungry and despite the fact that I did make a recent trip to Costco, I seemingly had nothing to eat...or rather nothing I felt like eating at the time.

          To make a long story short, I reinvented (very loose interpretation of reinvention) a drink/dessert: Beer Float. To create this delicious drink you will need 2 ingredients: some vanilla ice cream and 3 Guinnesseseses (or whatever's free).

Step 1: Congratulate yourself for reinventing such an adult-themed nostalgic beverage and drink a beer, you've earned it.

Step 2: Place a couple of scoops of ice cream in your now empty pint glass. Remember not to be stingy with the goods, it's you who'll be eating it (unless you're diabetic, then you should probably think twice).

Step 3: Over the ice-cream filled glass, pour a beer. There will be some left over beer in the can (depending on how much ice cream you used). The remaining beer is a gift to you so drink it, you've earned it for all the hard work you've done so far.

Step 4: With a combination of drinking and spoon feeding, consume that delicious dessert-drink you've just made. Fall into blissful reminiscence and ponder how much better your childhood would have been had you used Guinness instead of Root Beer when you were 6.

Step 5: Congratulate yourself for finishing your home-made masterpiece with another beer.

            Stout and ice cream is the new peanut butter and chocolate. It's a dessert match made in heaven...or if you're not religious, Iowa (don't ask, it's the first state I thought of. I may or may not have drank a couple extra celebratory beverages). Remember to value the little things...like beer. Because it's the little things that make us happy in the end. I will be enjoying a lot of "the little things" come Thursday. Happy day before Saint Patrick's day internet.

- LazyTheKid

43 comments:

~Fabi said...

=O

Viljami said...

nice

Raw said...

This sounds like it could be delicious.
You may be on to something here.

ErikDesignwork said...

Haha, Guiness icecream is an awesome idea! :D

RQ said...

Sounds pretty good, trying to think of some of the more chocolate/coffee stouts I have had to try.

Nuker Zero said...

I attend a pretty popular party school; you can guarantee i'll be using some of these tips.

Sam said...

Mouth is literally watering right now

chronometer said...

great idea ;D

mrclynch said...

cool

J. Reaper said...

Out of all the blogs I follow, your stories and ideas have got to be my favorite. Thanks for this!

Unknown said...

Fat Tire and butter pecan ice cream. They combine so damn well it's mind-blowing.

Eric said...

Sounds great! Will definitely give it a try.

HurdyG said...

I've actually have heard of that before. Never have tried it, but I just imagine Guinness and chocolate ice cream would be awesome....

steve said...

this sounds great!! i definitely may try this lol

SlowNSteady said...

On one drunken escapade with my friends, we made a beer float with heineken. as you can expect, the lager made the ice cream bitter, and we all sat there eating out terrible float disappointed, haha.

ruinz said...

0_0 u just blew my mind
The Nostalgia Corner.

Carlos Ignacio said...

Just in time for St. Patrick's day. Did you know St. Patrick drove all the snakes out of Ireland, and while he shares the same first name as St. Nick the two have never met in person.

Evan said...

good stuff man. solid post

Sean said...

BRILLIANT! You are a scholar and a gentleman.

MakeMoneyOnline said...

i want some

D.Lee said...

As much as I hate Guinness I'm willing to give this a try. Happy St. Patty's Day.

Patti D. said...

Sounds like a great idea, will try it.

jamierod.rodriguez said...

Sounds delicious! Gonna try one day :)

Rabidmoose said...

Looks delicious!

Robert Fünf said...

If I liked beer, this would sound delicious.....Might have to substitute for some liquor.

Eric P said...

Wow, that sounds really good!

rbtb said...

Not sure you had enough beer involved in this blog post, please try harder next time

Doomsday said...

I love Guinnes!

Erika said...

I would definitely try this....

Asty said...

too gooooooood

Bryant A said...

i'll have to try this tonight!

Teukka said...

I want to taste that :)

Tyr said...

dude, I'm in germany right now, I can't wait to try this with all the beers I encounter. Aesome

chups said...

oh man that looks tasty

ggtbishop said...

Thanks for exponentially improving my weekend! I can't wait to try this

steve said...

ok so i made this last night, ehh.. it was ok. nothing to amazing unfortunately :/ i ate the whole thing tho.. lol

Modoki said...

loool, srsly. gotta try it out. Awesome idea ;)

tortoracer said...

you know what! BRILLIANT!

Our Blog said...

Sounds like a plan! Will have to try this soon, with my wonderful Guinness glasses!

Anonymous said...

Funny.... you're the "lazy kid" and your entries has more content than any of mine :P

Gajewa469 said...

This looks great. I'm gonna try this.

Trapper said...

wooot im 201st follower!

SkipHopz said...

I've done this before with normal beer. a really good way to make yourself throw up.